Wednesday, August 21, 2002

AIDS

AIDS



The Earth has AIDS
Autoimmune Diffecinecy Syndrome
mankind is a cancer, a virus
overpopulation pollution consumption destruction
five hundred years ago man couldn't destroy the Earth
and now it dies around us faster than we can grasp
out mother planet has AIDS
in this night, while we slumber, she might die or tomorrow
trembly shaking fingers always on the button
a nation lives and breathes by its ideas
and all of ours are empty and stale
we are caught up
in murder, in consumerism
products and money are the highest ideal
I'd sell you out if it would buy me a condo
in the Bahamas or whatever paradise inside my mind
if I was God I would send down a flood or plauge
destroy it all and begin again
our ideas are all a century old, obsolete
and prices we pay for ignorance a century builds
my life is a poem in constant construction
do you see at all or do you look the other way
choose to be blind
over the sight and guilt of what you have helped create
our culture is sick, twisted, empty, lost
we entertain for the lowest common denominator
suppress the angry frightened screams of all that see
brainwash the kids, desensitized, addicted to T.V.
video games and half are on drugs
the president is urging us all to war
he believes if we pick a fight with unseen enemies
he can distract us from this wasted mess, our lives
facism of the heart, of the mind, of our nations soul
we all have to be patriots, no questions asked
in the land of the prison and home of the slave
maybe if we turn what's left of Iraq into rubble
we can bring back three thousand dead
we need to send the rest of Iraq to follow
the 1,500,000 of their women, childred and men dead
of starvation and curable disease since the Gulf War 1992
after Iraq, where do our bombers fly next?
the world anticipates, waits, sits on the edge of their seats
yes, capitolism, democracy, god
I used to believe in you, I used to believe in me
but now the world is infested with the demon virus greed
God, please, send us a sign
help us save ourselves from ourselves
this is hell and we are all trapped
our country is on the fast track to totalitarianism
our foreign policy bitter revenge
we rule the world with the threat of death
our dollar bills keep them all in line
we have seen the sickness, and the sickness is us
a damn thing to reverse, it's already too late
I want to tear away the illusion, to burn the veil of Maya
to show all the innocents the true face of fate, our destiney
but what would that accomplish
in a half hour it's more commercials and nightly news
nothing that matters lasts very long, utopia is nowhere
all that is left is our mind to collect
impressions and beleifs
and in our mind we are all alone
we can escape into our dreams
because in our dreams we are free
I pray, I wait, I taste
when will this old world and life fade away?
yes, our mother Earth is dying
I feel every cell beginning their decay
and see that I am the only one who cares to percieve
I feel this all inside, don't you?
WHO? WHERE? does anyone fight the fight I fight?
to save all the starving and blind
every letter I write is a pair of eyes unlocked
and a mind set free
don't you see, I see nothing
there will be no sign given
in my darkest hours I almost don't care anymore
I'm going to die one day, as will you
why not tomorrow, or the day after?
as long as we all go together
into our own nuclear heaven


Purchase MAYA Today!